Friday 3 June 2016

Day 3 of #30DaysWild

A sad day today, our lovely lane lined with cow parsley is no more, the grass cutters were down this morning and this


has now become this!




so pointless when it is a single track lane with no junctions - last night when we walked along the lane the cow parsley was covered in diamondback moths, beetles and flies, I wasn't able to walk up tonight but I am sure that there will be far less insect life around now!

Anyway today the sun shone so I spent as much time outside as I could, My wild act from chosen from the 30 days Wild App was to 'get crafty in the sunshine' so I sat outside and worked on this,



it is now finished but I can't share the completed piece yet -
I also did some more gardening, and endless job but something I love doing, I bought a new Salvia today which is a great plant for pollinators so that is now planted ... and baby birds were about, 3 young magpies, a young robin. As parent birds are busy feeding so I thought I would give the robins a bit of extra food and put out a plate of meal worms on our bug hotel  from last years '30 days wild' well the robins didn't get a look in as the the jackdaws found it first! this was one of my instagram photos



No comments:

Post a Comment