Thursday 9 June 2016

Day 9 - #30daysWild - herb garden

Wow what a hot day!Unfortunately not much time to spend outside, but when I did get out I was drawn to my herb garden, pulling up a few buttercups that had sneaked in and watching the bees flitting from one flower to the next. Herbs are wonderful plants for so many insects, I am looking forward to the marjoram flowering, hopefully then the butterflies will start visiting too, but for the time being I will just enjoy the bees.


Later on this evening I spent a warm couple of hours sat outside for a meeting with fellow members of the Staffordshire Artists Co-operative. Around the same time we were starting to get nibbled by midges, a dozen or so swifts swooped around screeching above our heads - always a wonderful sight

No comments:

Post a Comment